[lifesaviors] Re: [LOBBY] Ruralisation

  • From: "Lion Kuntz" <lionkuntz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ET-PARTI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:48:00 -0800

There is a natural 'Phosphorus Pump', which continually extracts insoluable P,
and delivers it to the roots of plants. The final link in the chain is
mycorrhia, but there is myriads of other members of the soil-life microherd
which participate. There is 1,000 years supply of P in the top 15 centimeters
of soil on many farms, and another 1,000 years supply 15 centimeters below that.

I provide a resource of links on soli-life:
http://ecosyn.us/ecocity/Links/Visual_Pages/SoilLife/Soil_Life_01.html

Here is a pictorial flowchart, which gives an overview of the integrated living
systems:
http://ecosyn.us/ecocity/Flowchart/Flowchart.html

http://ecosyn.us/ecocity/IBS_Math/IBS_Math.html
Here is a hypothetical case study indicating the productivity math.

> To be sustainable, a city need to be integrated with its food producing
> area. (Ruralisation). In this case the 'ecological' solution is the
> easiest
> way to sustainability.
>
> # In the case of the approaching oil depletion. (perhaps the crunch
> around
> 2012), the ruralisation scenario is also a good strategy.
>
> See http://www.holon.se/folke/lectures/Ruralisation.shtml

There are at least 30 times more known reserves than are need for global
suicide, by increasing the greenhouse-gas CO2 emissions from burning it. There
is no shortage of hydrocarbons; just a shortage of atmosphere to dump the waste
'heap' of emissions from burning it.

Here is an ECOCITY PROPOSAL alternative:
http://ecosyn.us/ecocity/Proposal/proposal1.html

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Meet Singles
http://corp.mail.com/lavalife