[liblouis-liblouisxml] xpath Expressions in .sem Files

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:31:10 -0600

Let me know if you see any problems with the following way of including
xpath expressions in .sem files. The present second column can contain a
specification for an element,attribte,value  triplet or
element,attribut, etc. This works well for many documents and will not
be changed. Xpath expressions will also be in the second column.
,however, they may contain spaces and they must be distinguished from
the present contents of that column. I am thinking of enclosing them in
angle brackets, since these cannot otherwise appear in this context.

Xpath expressions will be evaluated during the examine_document phrase.
If they produce a node set the first and third columns will be assigned
to each node in the set.

John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer