[liblouis-liblouisxml] the liblouisutdml Library

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:47:18 -0500

I hope everyone agreest that it is appropriate to discuss this new
library on this list. The suggestion has been made that it should be
liblouisxml 3.0.0. however, there are considerable changes in the
interfaace and I suspect that liblouisxml will reach 3.0.0 on its own.
It is now at 2.2.3. liblouisutdml does use Mercurial for its repository,
since that is what is used in the BrailleBlaster project. The project
page for it is http://code.google.cmo/p/liblouisutdml

I am wondering how to add Bert's improvements to this library. Most of
the modules should be fairly straightforward. However, transcriber.c has
been changed greatly both by Bert and by the inclusion of UTDML. I don't
think diff and patch can handle it.

I am making Java bindings forst forr liblouisutdml, sinnce they will be
needed forr BrailleBlaster. I am not sure if liblouis bindings will be
needed, so they will be handled later. I'll look into conditional
statements in Makefiles so the C part of the Java bindings can be
compiled as part of the library's own SO or dll.

I hope that further major immprovvements will be made on liblouisutdml,
since it will have the new features, such as dividing books into
volumes.