[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: noletsignafter

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 21:18:24 +0100

Hi Lars,

A late happy new year to you as well :) and thanks for the bug report.

Just to be clear: the fact that lou_trace does not mention a rule does not
always mean it was not applied. Some things can slip through the net.

To increase chances that somebody will have a look at your issue, maybe a little
test case that demonstrates the problem would be great. Preferably in the YAML
format described at http://liblouis.org/documentation/liblouis.html#YAML-Tests,
but anything else is fine too, as long as it describes the problem properly, and
the used translation table is as minimal as possible.

Thanks,
Bert

Lars Bjørndal writes:

Hi, list!

Please look at the message below, that I sent previously. Sorry to
bother you further with this issue. However, as we are to release a
braille version of the Bible soon, and we face this problem in that
project, it would be of great help if we could have the problem sorted
out. So, could someone of the developers please tell me if I can or
should do some more to describe the problem, and, if possible,
estimate some plans for how and when we can investigate to solve the
problem?

Thank you and regards,
Lars

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 08:04:25PM +0100, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
Hello, list!

There seems to be an issue when using the noletsignafter opcode. For
grade 1 contraction in the Norwegian language, we are using it to
prevent single letters in lists to be preceded by the letsign, e.g. dot
56.

The problem is that using 'noletsignafter .', the following string is
being misinterpreted:

1,7f.15

the number 7 after the comma is omitted in the output result.

When trying to debug the issue with lou_trace, the noletsignafter opcode
is not mentioned, so that the steps is the same with and without the
'noletsignafter .' present in the table.

Could someone please look into this problem?

Thanks and regards, and a happy new year to you all!
project pages go to http://liblouis.org