[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: libxml2 Documentation

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:11:30 +0100

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm trying to read the libxml2 documentation to see what facilities it
> has for generating xml and to get acquainted with the Xpath facilities.
> However, it all seems to be formatted with two columns, which makes
> reading with a braille display or translating impractical. Presumably
> the original .texi files are formatted sensibly. Where could I find
> them?
I would presume that a site like http://xmlsoft.org/ creates all their
documentation from xml files. I tried to find the source of the
documentation in the source code repository under
http://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/doc. There is a lot of stuff there,
howver it appears that the api documentation is built automatically by
parsing the source code. So you probably might as well read that.

Aside from that I found what they call a "flat view" of the web page
(http://xmlsoft.org/xml.html), but this doesn't seem to include the
reference manual.

Hope that helps
Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired