[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: liblouisxml and Autotools (was Re: Re: Free Coffee, Maybe

  • From: Eitan Isaacson <eitan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:17:21 -0700

John,

Thanks for those pointers. I started working on a local autotooled copy,
it is looking promising.

I have a few questions about the current liblouisxml tarball that you
could hopefully clear up:
- A bunch of files in lbx_files seem to be tables that exist in
liblouis. Could we eliminate them, and have all braille translation
tables only in liblouis?
- louis.h exists in the "src" directory, this seems to be a copy of
liblouis's public header. My autotooled version automatically pics up
the path to the installed header. Could we get rid of this? It will also
eliminate the 2 or 4 byte character problem.
- There are a bunch of files that exist both in the doc directory and
the lbx_files directory, for example the cfg files and the *.sem files.
Could we consolidate them into the lbx directory? If not could we give
them another name? maybe prefix them with example_ if the are supposed
to be examples.
- The tarball had a compiled binary in lbx_files called makenemethdefs.
I assume this was a mistake, and if anything only the source file should
be there.
- There are some files in lbx_files ending in ".p", should they be
there?
- I hope to find a way for autogenerating sem_names.h like you did you
your tarball, in the meantime, it is distributed statically.
- Also a nice feature would be proper cfg file search paths: First look
for cfg files in the CWD, then the users home directory under
".louisxml", and if nothing is found - go to the system default in
"/etc". Obviously this will only work well in POSIX platforms, I'll
think of something for Windows too.

Cheers,
        Eitan.