[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: liblouis 2.6.4 has been released

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:48:04 -0500

Hi Greg.

Configure is indeed there when you run ./configure. I downloaded directly from
the site with safari; I'm thinking that if you used git you would probably need
to run ./autogen.sh first. I know that you know how to compile so I'm not
trying to sound insulting; i'm just covering the basics because I can't figure
out why you wouldn't find a configure unless you ran git to obtain the file and
didn't run ./autogen.sh. It actually configures and builds fine but of course
that was never the problem on the Mac; it is liblouisutdml that has a history
of being problematic on the Mac. Sorry if i'm not addressing the source of
your problem.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Aug 31, 2015, at 4:09 PM, Anthony Tibbs <anthony@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg,

Where is configure? How do I build this on a mac? Why does the Readme
give instructions that are not correct, suggesting running configure when
no configure exists in the release.

You'll need Automake and such installed as well, and run "autogen.sh"
before "configure".

See the "HACKING" file (under "Build requirements") (which includes some
information on how to obtain these programs in a Mac environment).

--
Anthony Tibbs
anthony@xxxxxxxx

project pages go to http://liblouis.org