[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: exposing table searchpath

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:53:59 +0100

Hi John,

The situation is as follows:
* a person installs liblouis
* then installs orca

At this point orca picks up the default tables directory.

Lets say a person wishes to test new tables, and therefore modifies
LOUIS_TABLEPATH
At this point orca continues to look at the old (default) tables directory, not
the one defined in LOUIS_TABLEPATH.
Issue 9 requests for a function to be exposed so that any program that uses
liblouis can dynamically and automaticaly pick up any changes to
the tablePath.

I imagine lou_getTablesPath as a function that takes no arguments, and returns
a string, which is the current searchPath, if multiple paths are
defined then it should be a comma seperated string of paths.

Mesar