[liblouis-liblouisxml] [cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx: [BRLTTY] Resource for lLearning UEB for those who already know braille]

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:29:23 -0600

This may be helpful to some of us.

John

----- Forwarded message from Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx> -----

Subject: [BRLTTY] Resource for lLearning UEB for those who already know
        braille
From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:16:53 -0600
To: "Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY."
        <brltty@xxxxxxxxx>

Here is a link to a page about an update course that CNIB is offering primarily
for braille transcribers who want to learn the UEB. The update book is offered
as a download in several formats via this page. CNIB is actually offering this
as a self-directed course rather than a formal one though transcribers can ask
for a person to help and/or correct lessons; then those transcribers who want
to do so can go through the process for updating certification. I think this
will also be helpful for those of us who are braillre readers and want to learn
the differences implemeted with UEB. The update material is to be used in
conjunction with the rule book for EUB but I think this may make a much better
starting point than wading through all the rules. While this course is put out
by CNIB, the "English Braille American Edition" is mentioned in the
introduction as what transcribers already know so I think this material need
not only be for Canadians.

Hth.

http://www.cnib.ca/en/living/braille/Pages/Transcribers-UEB-Course.aspx

--