[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: build.xml and Ant

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:57:41 -0700

OK here is the ant build.xml file that will take the MacOS JAR file and build a
proper bundle you will also need the appbundler-1.0.jar from oracle as well.
The ant command is: ant bundle-BrailleZephyr

Make a dist directory place the BrailleZephyr-macosx-x86_64-0.1.jar in it.
place the appbundler-1.0.jar in the directory that has the dist directory in it.
place the build.xml file in this directory as well
run ant bundle-BrailleZephyr and you should get the bundled MacOS application
in the dist directory.

It would be handy to have this all done in gradlew as an option like building
the JAR files are.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="BrailleZephyr" default="default" basedir=".">

<taskdef name="bundleapp"
classname="com.oracle.appbundler.AppBundlerTask"
classpath="appbundler-1.0.jar" />

<target name="bundle-BrailleZephyr">
<bundleapp outputdirectory="dist"
name="BrailleZephyr"
displayname="BrailleZephyr"
identifier="org.aph.braillezephyr"
mainclassname="org.aph.braillezephyr.Main">
<classpath file="dist/BrailleZephyr-macosx-x86_64-0.1.jar" />
<option value="-XstartOnFirstThread"/>
</bundleapp>
</target>

</project>
Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

That works, I have to wonder what you did that I did not try however.

#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Aug 18, 2015, at 12:24 PM, Michael Whapples (Redacted sender
"mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, one last thing you could try as I noticed something.

Those Apple developer links were for the Apple Java launcher that Apple's
tools include in bundles they produce where as you are using that Oracle
appbundler task. I studied the source code for the Oracle appbundler to see
what structure its info.plist should be and i have now generated you a
info.plist which should work. Could you try it for me, if it does not work I
will just try creating an appbundle myself.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>JavaAppLauncher</string>
<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
<string>GenericApp.icns</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.aph.braillezephyr</string>
<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
<string>BrailleZephyr</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>BrailleZephyr</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>
<string></string>
<key>JVMMainClassName</key>
<string>org.aph.braillezephyr.Main</string>
<key>JVMOptions</key>
<array>
<string>-XstartOnFirstThread</string>
</array>
<key>JVMArguments</key>
<array>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

Michael Whapples

That would be best, thank you.

#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Aug 18, 2015, at 11:50 AM, Michael Whapples (Redacted sender
"mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well I could take a look for you at some point. May be Friday before I can
do anything.

As i am familiar with gradle I would probably add it into the gradle
script so you could generate it from there.

Michael Whapples

Well in any even I am not having much luck here.

#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Aug 18, 2015, at 11:42 AM, Michael Whapples (Redacted sender
"mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Those links relate to Java Web start which is different.

Michael Whapples

On 18/08/2015 19:13, Anthony Tibbs wrote:
Based on the following it would appear that -XstartOnFirstThread may not
be "permitted" as an argument in this fashion...

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/javaws/developersguide/syntax.html
project pages go to http://liblouis.org