[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: [brailleblaster] Needed, a Braille Font

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:25:32 +0200

These fonts maps the Unicode braille range to braille patterns, and maps the ASCII range to regular characters. All glyphs have the same dimensions. I made this font myself because in odt2braille you can switch between "text view" and "dots view", and the characters should stay on exact the same position in both views.

Both fonts contain all 256 braille patterns. The 6-dot variant has phantom dots on positions 1-6, the 8-dot variant has phantom dots on all positions.

Op 10-okt-11, om 21:35 heeft Bert Frees het volgende geschreven:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/odt2braille/files/ttf/

Op 10-okt-11, om 21:31 heeft John J. Boyer het volgende geschreven:

I'm working on a class that will interface BrailleBlaster with printer
drivers. For the Tiger, we will need a Braille font. Where can such a
font be obtained? We will also need a Braille font for displaying dot
patterns in the braille view on the screen.

Bert Frees
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
Dept. Elektrotechniek - ESAT - SCD
Onderzoeksgroep Documentarchitecturen