[liblouis-liblouisxml] braille table en-us-comp6.ctb

  • From: "Arend Arends" <arend.arends@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 15:46:34 +0100

The LibLouis table en-us-comp6.ctb has a line:
include latinLetterDef8Dots.uti

This causes capitals like A-Z to be converted to a braille character with dot 7 set. This seems strange to me because a 6 dot braille table is supposed to produce 6 dot braille code I think.

Before I disregarded dots 7 and 8, but now I am extending my program (TactileView) to display both 6 and 8 dot braille.

It seems logical to me to use latinLetterDef6Dots.uti in this table.

Arend Arends