[liblouis-liblouisxml] back translation issue

  • From: Ken Perry <kperry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:42:15 +0000

Ok this is a strange one so please read  carefully.  I was working on some
table changes to improve the en-us-g2.ctb and found a strange problem that
probably should have been fixed already.  If you try translating the following:

A A

It translates forward fine to a ,A but back translates to a  a.  This is using
the en-us-g2.ctb.  This was strange because all 25 other letters forward and
back translate fine.  So I decided to see if it worked in the en-us-g1.ctb.  So
I loaded up lou_allround and tried it None of the single letters worked when I
did the low letter first and the cap letter second. .  Now here comes the
strange part.  If how ever I got a successful back translation like I type bank
and it back translates fine the next time I try to translate "a A" it works
perfectly and so do all the rest of the letters.  So to see what I mean do the
following:

Lou_allround
En-us-g1.ctb
A A
B B
Bank
A A

I have no idea why that does that and it probably has nothing to do with the
original problem that a A is not working in en-us-g2.ctb  I did a trace on that
and it seems that a A is using a largesign rule which is not right.  I hope
someone tries the above and can help me figure out what is going on.  I can
also report that when I was using the en-us-g2.ctb with "a A" I tried doing it
with lou_trace and it is using a largesign rule if I do it with "b B" it says
that b is first a lower case and second an upper case and works perfectly.  So
it's just weird how the letter 'a' is working.

ken