[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Which dll to use with NVDA Python bindings?

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:53:29 +0100

Hi Leo.

I compiled the libraries again, with other settings. liblouis.dll is now also 83 kB, like the one from NDVA. I think they will be compatible with the bindings for NVDA now.

Bert

On 14/11/2010 14:53, Dr.Leo wrote:
Thanks Bert. However, both dll versions are incompatible, i.e. the bindings for NVDA depend on the older version. I've just tested this. So the bindings might benefit from an update to support the latest dll.

Leo

Am 14.11.2010 13:44, schrieb Bert Frees:
Jamie,

The liblouis .dll on odt2braille.svn.sourceforge.net is the latest version
(v2.1.1), plus some additional changes that fix a bug with multipass
opcodes (see http://code.google.com/p/liblouis/source/detail?r=409).

Bert

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:23:41 +0100, "Dr.Leo"<fhaxbox66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Jamie,

the dll shipping with the bindings (84 kB) differ from the dll I got
from Bert's site (205 kB). Which one would you recommend? Unfortunately
I canot even see which is the more recent one. I guess Bert's version.
But does it run reliably with your bindings? Then there might be your
issue with table path and more unknown issues with table versions in
case the format has changed... Well, by default I'll go with the 84kB
version.

This is all a mess.

Leo