[liblouis-liblouisxml] Updated version of tables, still a few questions

  • From: Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 00:53:27 +0000

Listers

Thank you for your help and information so far.
I am getting very close I think.
I am attaching two tables I worked from scratch, 6 and 8 dot Icelandic.
These are close to final, I might have to do a ´few tweaks, but if you have any
feedback itd be very much appreciated.

My main questions are:

1.       Can I map the same dot pattern to two distinct unicodes (there may be
overlap between the control characters and others in the 8-dot table, and I
don't really have a problem with it, not unless the mapping has to be unique).

2.       Is the uplow usage in the 6-dot table for the Icelandic characters
correct (top of document), I specify the capsign to be dot 6 so I think I only
have to specify the lower case version of the letters, but I include the
unicode for both upper and lower case (respectively)

3.       The codes #128 to #160 still puzzle me in the 8-dot table. I left in
the original, commented out, parts. I follow the Windows 1252 standard and I am
wondering if the author followed a different one, but up to symbol 127 and
after symbol 160 my version and his match on all codes, so this is a bit weird.

4.       (and I simply may have to do my reading), what files / file types do I
need to create to ensure compatibility with LibLouis and Liblousxml (Open
Office, NVDA and Orca are my main concerns for initial compatibility).

I will compile and test the test tools on Windows when I get back from a little
trip I have to make over the weekend for a conference, and then I can finalize
the files. But any comments/corrections are very much appreciated.

Thank you

-Birkir

Kveðja/Regards

Birkir Gunnarsson
Ráðgjafi/Consultant
Þjónustu- og þekkingarmiðstöð fyrir blinda, sjónskerta og daufblinda /
Icelandic National Institute for the Blind, Deafblind and Partially Sighted

Hamrahlíð 17, 105 Reykjavík
GSM/Mobile: +354 860-9496
Email: birkir@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:hlynur@xxxxxxxxxx>
Veffang/home page: www.midstod.is

[cid:image003.png@01CB4B02.6B7BBBC0]

Allar upplýsingar sem fram koma í þessum tölvupósti og viðhengjum hans eru
einungis ætlaðar skráðum viðtakanda eða viðtakendum. Upplýsingarnar kunna að
vera trúnaðarmál og falla undir ákvæði um þagnarskyldu og trúnað. Hafir þú
fyrir tilviljun, mistök eða án sérstakrar heimildar tekið við tölvupósti þessum
og viðhengjum hans biðjum við þig að gæta fyllsta trúnaðar, hvorki lesa né skrá
neinar upplýsingar eða notfæra á nokkurn hátt og tilkynna sendanda að
upplýsingarnar hafi ranglega borist þér (Sbr. 2. Mgr. 44. Gr. Laga um
fjarskipti). Vinsamlega eyðið síðan póstinum.

PNG image