[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: UEB: an "ideal" en-ueb-g1 table

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 07:25:49 -0600

The new algorithm is based on a scripting language. It wil automatically
take precedence of the old one when it is used. Many opcodes that were
intended to be used with the old algorithm are unimplemented and hence
undocumented. If someone wants to look at the current algorithm they can
begin with the function insertBrailleIndicators.

John

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:22:12AM +0100, Christian Egli wrote:
> "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I think lencapsphrase is already an opcode.
>
> Ah, you're right it is in the code but it is not documented and hence
> doesn't exist. Would anyone like to enhance the documentation?
>
> > There are also opcodes for things like itallastwordafter, but they are
> > unimplemented, because the present algorithm for handling Braille
> > indicators is too convoluted to modify or debug, at least for me.
> > Anyone who wants to try is welcome.
>
> I think we should give it a try.
>
> > I developed this algorithm when I knew a lot less than now. It seems
> > to me that the best approach is to develop a new one. The old one will
> > remain in place for backward compatibility.
>
> For our own sanity I think there should only be one algorithm in there.
> Presumably the functionality should be backward compatible.
>
> How would the new algorithm work?
>
> Thanks
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Egli
> Swiss Library for the Blind, Visually Impaired and Print Disabled
> Grubenstrasse 12, CH-8045 Zürich, Switzerland
>
> -----
> Geschenktipp: Ein Buch der SBS.
> Als Hoerbuch, in Grossdruck oder Blindenschrift. Informieren Sie sich unter
> http://www.sbs.ch/schenken .

John J. Boyer, Executive Director
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc.
http://www.godtouches.org