[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Translatable table names in Liblouis independent with screen readers now used methods: possible doing this?

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 07:37:00 +0100

Hi Christian,

Found the actual RFC:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5646

Haven't found any documentation on how grade should be encoded.
Maybe as part of the script tag?

Corrections:
On Thu 21/06/12,08:42, Mesar Hameed wrote:
> On Wed 23/05/12,10:09, Christian Egli wrote:
> > Something along the lines of the IETF language tag
> > (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IETF_language_tag) would probably be what
> > we are looking for.
>
> Yes this looks reasonable
>
> If I understood it correctly en-GB-g2.ctb would be written as:

en-GB-x-g2.ctb (unless we find a better way of encoding grade).

a tag starting with x is a private use one and should be ok for us to use.

x-8cb.ctb (8 dot computer braille)
x-g0.ctb x-g1.ctb x-g2.ctb x-g3.ctb (grades 0-3 where applicable)
x-def.cti (for chardefs)

where ctb/utb are interchangable.

Is this the sort of thing you were thinking of?
Mesar