[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Transcriber's notes

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 06:56:26 -0500

chpis,

Your style definition will indeed give you the format you want. To get
the dots 6-3 markers at the beginning and end you might try something
like:

style style1 ,',\*,'

with the rest of the definition the same. This makes use of the third
column of the semantic table. The \* means that the second 6-3 should go
after everything else. However, liblouis will translate this, so you
won't get dots 6-3 out. To get around this, you could use

style style1 @6-3,\*@6-3

Then write a little liblouis table. Call it, say, addon.ctb with the
line:
always @6-3 6-3
and in your configuraation file:
literaryTextTable en-us-g2.ctb,addon.ctb

This is rather cumbersom, but something like it could be added to
canonical.cfg and en-us-g2.ctb. I don't think it is necessary to
implement the trnote semantic action specifically, since it can be
handled in this way. It was introduced early before many of the current
liblouisxml features were available.

John

--
John J. Boyer, Executive Director