[liblouis-liblouisxml] Tracking down the autotools problem

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:10:51 -0500

The problem now seems to be in gnulib. libtool gives the message "This
LT_INIT is from an earlier version."

I am trying to get Gnu autotools to work for liblouisxml and
liblouisutdml on a CentOS system that I am also using for Java
development for BrailleBlaster. I installed the latest versions of
autoconf automake and libtool with the usual commands, configure, make,
make install. Apparently they didn't install themselves correctly.

Now I know what it feels like to fight with a system. All I want is for
this thikng to work, so i can get on to coding.