[liblouis-liblouisxml] The word "Page" in print-page indicators...

  • From: Keith Creasy <kcreasy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 17:13:13 +0000

Hello.

I am looking at fixing a problem we've found. When you transcribe a DTBook or
NIMAS file the <pagenum> element sometimes has other characters in it besides
just the page number. One book in particular we are working with uses the word
"page" like <pagenum>Page 1</pagenum>

This results in the word "page" ending up on the print-page indicator line. Our
transcribers tell me this is not correct. I see where LibLouisUTDML does this
and can fix it but I want to be sure it is fixed the right way. Here are my
questions:

1.       Do print-page indicators ever have anything other than roman or Arabic
numerals?

2.       Should we define the characters that represent numerals in the
configuration? Is there another way?

3.       Is there a call to LibLouis that might use the translation tables or
chardefs to facilitate this?

Thanks.

Keith