[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: The Irish translation tables

  • From: "Cearbhall O'Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:50:59 +0100

Christian,

It seems that the Liblouis program in the latest version of Brailblaster is
still the old version from 8th November 2014. That is why it did not have
the files that Ronan has been working on. NVDA uses the later version of
liblouis and does have the Irish files.

We thought that countries.cti needed to be pointing to the Welsh files when
we did a test last week. However, when we include the Irish files,
Brailleblaster cannot find them even though .ie is active in the
countries.cti. Should the national code be in the file name of the Irish
braille table files?

Now the big question is:
"what is the function of countries.cti? Is it significant to have the
country identified and, if so, how does the program link the national code
to the grade 1 and grade 2 translation tables since the code is not
contained within these tables?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@xxxxxxx

version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.