[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Thanks for the improvements in installs

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:18:16 -0500

I googled this and the suggestion I got was

add /usr/include/libxml2 to "Header Search Paths"
However, since I do not have this problem on the Mac, please check
(1) is your xcode and command-line-tools up-to-date
(2) did you install the libxml I recommended and did you install in /usr/local
assuming that is where you are installing liblouisutdml? It appears that while
a libxml that meets the requirements for liblouisutdml is on your system,
either header files are missing or your path is different from where the file
is being sought.

--
Cheryl

However, since I do not have this problem on the Mac, please check
(1) is your xcode and command-line-tools up-to-date
(2) did you install the libxml I recommended and did you install in /usr/local
assuming that is where you are installing liblouisutdml? It is obvious that
while a libxml that meets the requirements for liblouisutdml is on your system,
either header files are missing or your path is different from where the file
is being sought.

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 15, 2015, at 12:02 PM, Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So here we have my attempts to build liblouisutdml on a MacOS system.
INcluded are the outputs of both configure, which worked cleanly and make
which fails. Any suggestions as to how to get this to work. I'm using the
github release autogen.sh works fine and builds configure.

gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$ ./configure --disable-java-bindings >
configure-out.txt
gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$ make > make-out.txt
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib:
file: .libs/libgnu.a(unistd.o) has no symbols
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib:
file: .libs/libgnu.a(unistd.o) has no symbols
In file included from change_table.c:34:
./louisutdml.h:34:10: fatal error: 'libxml/parser.h' file not found
#include <libxml/parser.h>
^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [liblouisutdml_la-change_table.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$

<make-out.txt><config.log><configure-out.txt>

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Sep 14, 2015, at 5:41 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just wanted to thank those who have worked on working the bugs out of the
install of liblouis and liblouisutdml, especially liblouisutdml. For the
first time, I actually have both installed on my Mac, and my powerpc mac
mini and Intel mac mini running debian. After so many struggles and long,
drawn-out searches for missing components, this is really gratifying and
delightful. Thanks much for all the hard work that has been put into this.

--
Cheryl

project pages go to http://liblouis.org