[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Thanks for the improvements in installs

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:42:49 -0500

I do know it went to the list because I receive back what I send to the list.
Certainly it's possible to miss one email out of a thread or have cyberspace
eat it, which seems to have been what happened, but it also might be that there
were so many messages that one accidentally got deleted. At any rate, you have
the entire message over again now.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 15, 2015, at 3:18 PM, Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I never received such a message. Sorry.

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:17 PM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I sent the list a detailed message very, very recentlywith all these
resources I used and it took me quite a while to put it together. I am going
to send it again but it's a really good idea for people to save where they
can be easily found again emails that have resources until they are sure
their problems are solved and the resources are no longer needed.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:55 PM, Gregory Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here is what I get:

gkearney:include gkearney$ pkg-config --cflags --libs libxml2
Package libxml2 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml2.pc'
No package 'libxml2' found

Cheryl where did you get libxml2 from?

#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Sep 15, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You shouldn't really be having to play with this though it might work.

--
Cheryl

Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully
with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24, HCSb)

On Sep 15, 2015, at 1:10 PM, Anthony Tibbs <anthony@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg,

How about: pkg-config --cflags --libs libxml2

(or maybe that has to be libxml-2.0 -- if the first fails try that)

- Anthony

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 01:44 PM, Gregory Kearney wrote:
ls /usr/include/libxml2
ls: /usr/include/libxml2: No such file or directory

gkearney:liblouisutdml gkearney$ xml2-config --cflags --libs
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/include/libxml2
-L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk/usr/lib
-lxml2 -lz -lpthread -licucore -lm

#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Sep 15, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Anthony Tibbs <anthony@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg,

Does the directory /usr/include/libxml2 exist?
If so, does /usr/include/libxml2/libxml exist?
If so, does /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h exist?

Does "xml2-config --cflags --libs" yield any useful output?

- Anthony

project pages go to http://liblouis.org