[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Tables mess

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:12:51 +0100

Hi

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 09:34 +1000, James Teh wrote:
> * There is no consistent method used to describe tables in comments.
> Some tables have a comment like:
> # liblouis: Unified English Braille Grade 2 table
> This is a good start. Many tables don't have this at all or use a
> different pattern. The converted BRLTTY tables are a particularly
> problematic example.
> Better still would be the following:
> # liblouis table: Unified English Braille Code grade 2
> This would allow programmatic extraction of the table descriptions for
> use in third party software as described above.

What I would like to see is that xml2brl can handle xml:lang tags. This
would of course mean that it can from an iso language code somehow
determine a table. This should probably be possible if you specify a
default contraction level for a "foreign" language, i.e. for any
language other than the default language. So in effect what I like is to
have a programmatic way to get a table given a iso language code and a
contraction level. A standardized comment might be a start to this but I
think it would be better to introduce a new opcode which describes the
iso language code and the contraction level.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired