[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Status of work on UK Maths

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:56:34 +0100

Hello John,
I was a bit confused by some of the Braille in the example, but now you have explained some of these dot patterns used I think it might make more sense when I re-read it.

Michael Whapples
On 28/07/09 05:49, John J. Boyer wrote:
Mike,

Thanks for the info. The example contains dot patterns that indicate
unfinished business. 12356 indicates the start of something inside an
mrow tag, while 23456 indicates its end. 2346 indicates the beginning of
a fraction while 1456 indicates its end. As development continues, these
marks will either be removed or replaced with con<entional brackets.

I'm thinking of putting the ukmaths files up as an alpha release, hoping
to get feedback that might speed up development. this would be part of
the next releases of liblouis and liblouisxml.

John

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 09:00:31AM -0700, Mike Sivill wrote:
Hi John,
The example looks ok but is still kind of confusing.
I spoke with my UKMath using contact who clued me in that a fraction  needs
to have brackets around either the numerator or denominator whenever there
are operators that require spaces like plus minus etc or when something not
part of the fraction is touching it without a space.  And then I learned
that negative numbers touching things need to be surrounded by brackets as
well.  You probably already know that but I thought I would share it as it
seems like a good summary.
Mike