[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: State of Icelandic tables/offline help setting up Liblouis programs in Windows

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:17:01 +0200

Hi Birkir

Birkir Gunnarsson <birkir@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I take it the Icelandic tables are not in, and I feel I need to
> compile and test these puppies out myself to make sure they work
> before submitting them.

I integrated the tables in my local tree and I'm ready to check them in.
However one of the tables has a problem that I'd like to have fixed
before I check them in.

Now ideally you'd have liblouis installed on your system so you could run
lou_checktable on your tables locally. However if that doesn't work or is
too much of a hassle I can run lou_checktable for you. This will take a
little longer but it will get done eventually.

I'm happy to help with this testing. So if you want you can send me the
table, I'll send you the error message, you'll fix the table, send it to
me and we continue until all the problems are worked out. Probably best
if we do this via the list so others can profit from our findings.

> I have not coded anything in 2 years now so it is almost a strange feeling to
> get
> back into it, nice but I am almost at a loss as to where to start.

As far as I know if you just want to make sure the table passes the
lou_checktable you need only liblouis.

> it is, strictly speaking, not part of my job and something I must do
> in my spare time.

Well, I suppose strictly speaking this is also not part of my job, but I
guess more tables in liblouis mean wider adoption and that will
indirectly also be beneficial for us.

Thanks for doing this anyway.