[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Starting italic sign in British english

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:19:06 +0100

Maybe. In the UK table, italsign is not defined. But begital and endital are defined, so I would expect it to work anyway.

I've experimented with the begital and endital functions before, and I thought they were at least a bit tricky.

For example, when using the US table:
italsign = .
begital = .'
endital = .-

normal<i>italic</i>
... is translated correctly to:
NORMAL.'ITALIC.-
... but
<i>italic</i>normal
... is translated incorrectly to:
.ITALICNORMAL

Regards,
Bert

On 25/01/2011 16:50, John J. Boyer wrote:
This is probably a problem with the British table. I haven't noticed
anything like that with the US table.

John

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 02:33:01PM +0100, Bert Frees wrote:
This issue was raised on the odt2braille forum:

Where a paragraph starts with Italic the starting Italic sign is missing
e.g.
/Violet Shnudi/ was born
,VIOLET ,%NUDI.' 0 BORN

Is this is a bug in liblouis?