[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Specifying files in liblouisutdml configuration files

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 15:35:00 +0100

That is interesting.

I guess you are getting around my issue by moving the file definition to the settings string, whereas I had been hoping I could just keep it all in the configuration file.

This might be a way, at least my Java code could construct the settings string with the appropriate file separator for the runtime system. It is may be more work than I had been hoping.

Michael Whapples
On 10/07/2014 15:20, Paul Wood wrote:
Michael,
In case it's useful this is a working example of the command-line we use to run liblouis on windows: C:\wamp\liblouis\liblouis-pipeline2\bin\file2brl.exe -l -f C:\wamp\liblouis\liblouis-pipeline2\config\user.cfg,_cfg_main.cfg -CliteraryTextTable=C:\wamp\liblouis\liblouis-pipeline2\tables\en-GB-g2.ctb,braille-patterns.cti -CsemanticFiles=user.sem,_sem_main.sem -CnumberBraillePages=yes "c:\wamp\www\Transcription\userFiles/u1404985588/WorshipForAll(Fixed).xml" "c:\wamp\www\Transcription\userFiles/u1404985588/WorshipForAll.brh"

Paul

On 10/07/2014 15:14, Michael Whapples (Redacted sender mwhapples@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
On 10/07/2014 15:08, John J. Boyer wrote:
If you   give the original configuration file a path liblouisutdml and
liblouis will look for files in that path as well as the default path.
MW: It does not seem to be working for me at least on Windows (Linux not tested for this). When you say the table is searched for on the path one gives when specifying the configuration file, do you mean actually located in the same directory next to the configuration file or do you mean it still uses the liblouis/tables and liblouisutdml/lbu_files directory trees?
I think a little code will be needed to make path specifications
platform-independent. There is a variable called ud->file_sep that
contains the separator character for the platform. The module paths.c is
the place to start.
John

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 01:51:53PM +0100, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
In a liblouisutdml configuration file, when specifying another file
(eg. translation table or semantic action file) how does one specify
where that file will be found in a platform independent way?

If you give just the file name with no path component (eg.
en-us-g2.ctb) then it appears liblouisutdml looks in the default
data path.

If giving a path component then you have the platform specific path
separators.

So my original question of how to give it in a platform independent manner?

Also how can I specify the file will be found in the same directory
as the configuration file I am referencing it from?

Michael Whapples

Paulw.torchtrust signature

Paul Wood, Chief Technical Officer
*Torch Trust*
Torch House, Torch Way,
Market Harborough, Leics. LE16 9HL, UK
Direct Line: *+44(0)1858 438269*
Tel: *+44(0)1858 438260*, Fax: *+44(0)1858 438275*
Email: paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Website: www.torchtrust.org <http://www.torchtrust.org/>

Chief Executive: Dr Gordon Temple
Charity No. 1095904

If you are not the intended recipient please destroy this message
and kindly notify the sender by reply email. The computer from which
this mail originates is equipped with virus screening software.
However Torch Trust cannot guarantee that the mail and its attachments
are free from virus infection.