[liblouis-liblouisxml] Some questions and remarks

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:37:23 +0100

Hi,

I mentioned before that I'm working on a Braille authoring plugin for OpenOffice.org, and I will use DAISY as an intermediate format. I am trying to configure my own dedicated .sem and .cfg files for this purpose, as the existing dtbook configuration files aren't sufficient. I'm sure my files will also be useful for others, so I will definitely share them if you're interested.

I have some questions and remarks:

* As far as I know, it isn't possible to assign more than one style to a element (for instance "heading1" and "italicx"). Wouldn't this be useful? * Is it possible to place the table of contents AFTER some other pages instead of BEFORE? * The page numbering is messed up when a table of contents used, i.e: the number of the first braille page after the TOC is "1" again. * I am trying to use both Unix (Mac OS) and Windows versions, but I think some inconsistency exists between the two. In Unix (2.1.0), "linesBefore" didn't seem to work, in the Windows version (2.0.0) it did. * It is unclear to me when "newPageBefore" works: apperently sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. * Finally, I'm very interested in the use of XPath. How can I make use of this feature in Windows? (it isn't implemented yet in the latest Windows version of liblouisxml)

Probably more question will follow, but I would be very happy if these issues were already clarified.

Kind regards,
Bert