[liblouis-liblouisxml] Soft hyphens

  • From: Bert Frees <bert.frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:00:45 +0200

Hi,

I have written some code to make liblouisxml handle "soft hyphens". I thought this may be a good idea. Soft hyphens (unicode characters U+00AD) indicate were a word can be split, but they are only reproduced in Braille (as a regular hyphen) if they appear at the end of a line where a word is effectively split. This hyphenation procedure would be an addition/extension to the TeX hyphenation algorithm currently in place.

Any thoughts?
Bert