[liblouis-liblouisxml] Semantic action files, which are for what format

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 06:07:59 +0000

Hello,
I previously commented on problems with the wordDocument.sem semantic action file placing brl nodes outside the <w:Body> element.

John stated that wordDocument.sem and w_wordDocument.sem are out of date and that I should use docx.sem.

First of all docx.sem does not exist. I do find a doc.sem but it does not seem to relate to the Word XML format which one gets when saving in Word as XML. NOTE: Word XML is not docx format.

The only semantic action files which look remotely like the Word XML format are wordDocument.sem and w_wordDocument.sem. I am not really sure what the difference between these files is meant to be.

It might be worth removing files which are no longer used.

Also it might be worth adding comments to the top of semantic action files to state which format the file is used for, particularly as sometimes the file name might not help.

Michael Whapples