[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Segmentation fault with liblouis svn

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 03:07:46 -0600

Christian,

The bad code was in putCharAnd Dots and read
if (c == 0xb4)

All I did was remove that line. The change in revision 410 had nothing
to do with putCharAndDots, and in fact conpileTranslationTable.c worked
fine on my machine. I have no idea where that line of code came from.

John

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 09:57:31AM +0100, Christian Egli wrote:
> Hi
>
> "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > The bug is fixed and committed to svn. There was some bad code which I
> > know wasn't mine. It compared a character to 0xb4
>
> I tracked this down some more since I thought it was weird that this
> code would all of a sudden trigger a bug since it had been in there for
> ever.
>
> So I checked old versions of liblouis to see if they had this bug. It
> turns out that the bug first showed up in revision 410. Before that make
> check works fine (only complains about an islandic table which is
> presumably really faulty). But starting with revision 410 make check
> complains about many tables. There is one little change to
> compileTranslationTable.c in revision 410. Here's the diff:
>
> -  compileString ("space \\xffff 123456789abcde ENDSEGMENT");
> +  compileString ("space \\xffff 123456789abcdef ENDSEGMENT");
>
> All that revision 410 adds is the 'f'. Seems quite innocent, but yet
> this seems to trigger the bug.
>
> Any idea why?
>
> Thanks
> Christian
>
> -----
> Neu fuer Seh- und Lesebehinderte: Zeitschriften online hoeren
> und herunterladen. http://www.sbs.ch/zeitschriftendownload

My websites:
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.godtouches.org
Abilitiessoft, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com