[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: SV: Re: SV: Back translation - starting with Italian and French

  • From: Daniel Dalton <daniel.dalton10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 00:34:04 +1000

Hi Bert,
Thanks for that I'll check it out.

Cheers,
Daniel

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 8:12 PM, Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

litdigit is not explained very well in the main documentation. But you can
find
some more details on this page:
http://snaekobbi.github.io/liblouis-table-spec/#litdigit.

Bue Vester-Andersen writes:

Hi Daniel,

You wrote:

I wasn't 100% sure about the litdigit vs digit question in the fr-fr-g1
table. It seems changing digit to litdigit fixed the errors with back
translation of numbers, but this is done in the digit6DotPlusDot6 file
which
is > used by many tables, so I figure this is a bad move. Would it be
acceptable to create a new table exactly the same as digit6DotPlusDot6
but
with litdigit instead of digit and include this into fr-fr-g1?

Both digits6dots.uti and litdigits6dots.uti can be found in the tables
directory, so I don't quite understand the question. You can include
both or
none of the tables in your table. The order might have consequences for
back-translation, but I am not sure how digit vs. litdigit is interpreted
during back-translation.
project pages go to http://liblouis.org