[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Request for anyone interested in helping sighted persons read braille

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 13:47:06 -0700

Has anyone ever seen a 8 dot braille slate? I have search for one for many
years now..

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA
Email: info@xxxxxxxxx

U.S. Address
21908 Almaden Av.
Cupertino, CA 95014
UNITED STATES
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx

On Aug 8, 2015, at 9:53 AM, Larry Skutchan <lskutchan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

This is an ingenious concept and article. Thank you very much.
One has to wonder, from the blind users' perspective, if much confusion could
be avoided while being able to maintain the ability to write with a stylus,
the merits of 8-dot braille that directly corresponds to the 256 characters
of the ASCII character set.
I am not necessarily advocating for this, I am just asking the question.