[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Referencing Files in texinfo documentation

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:47:53 +0100

Hi

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 02:19 -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> other sections make frequent references to example files
> which are in the doc directory. How do I reference these files so that
> the reader can go to them from in info document?
As far as I know they are installed
under /usr/local/share/liblouisxml/doc/? You could probably link to them
with
@uref{/usr/local/share/liblouisxml/doc/example_canonical.cfg,example file}
Of course this fails if the user installs somewhere else. Then again you
could probably add an url to the version in svn with
@uref{http://code.google.com/p/liblouisxml/source/browse/trunk/doc/example_canonical.cfg}.

Another (possibly better) option might be to include the files verbatim
in the documentation. That way it will also work in a printed version of
the manual, in the online version on Google code or if the user
installed somewhere else:
@anchor{example_canonical.cfg}
@example
@include example_canonical.cfg
@end example

Using the anchor you can refer to it from anywhere in the documentation.

Hope that helps
Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired