[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Python bindings without autotools

  • From: "Dr.Leo" <fhaxbox66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:26:19 +0100

John,

At best, the author / maintainer of the bindings would make a Python source distribution. Should be a matter of minutes. The Python (and Java) bindings should be relased separately, if there isn't another way to include the bare sources in the tarball without the autotools stuff.

The problem is long standing and could be solved so easily. Liblouis is the only package I am aware of that causes this kind of problems. I thought Liblouis is meant to be cross platform. So there needs to be a way to install things on win32 without cygwin and a bunch of build utilities.

Leo

Am 13.11.2010 12:30, schrieb John J. Boyer:
Your understanding is correct. This is a problem for the autotools and
python experts on the list.

John

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 11:05:13AM +0100, Dr.Leo wrote:
Hi,

as I haven't seen any reaction on earlier requests, I would like to
raise this issue again:

My understanding is that one needs autotools to generate the Python
bindings from the __init__.py.in file in the svn repo. Is my
understanding correct? -

As I don't have autotools on Windows, I am using a very old version of
the bindings which is unsatisfactory if not unstable.

Any help on how to get a current __init__.py file would be very much
appreciated.

Leo