[liblouis-liblouisxml] Proposed Solution for the softreturn Problem

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:57:12 -0500

Lars,

Thanks for trying out my suggestion. The information is valuable. I
assume that the error messages you are getting are about validity. You
might set internetAccess to no, so it doesn't look for the DTD, but you
may then get messages about entities.

I'm glad someone else is really familiar with liblouisxml.

My proposal for solving the softreturn problem is to introduce escape
sequences that would be interpreted by the formatter. Each such sequence
would begin with the escape character (hex 1b), followed by another
character, say n for new line. The third column of entries in .sem files
could include these sequences as needed. They are already used for
matrices and tables. This will be in the next release of liblouisxml.

John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.
http://www.jjb-software.com
Madison, WI USA