[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Proposal for next liblouis release date

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 14:29:28 +0100

Hi all

On 01/09/2014 02:47 AM, Mesar Hameed wrote:
On Mon 23/12/13,14:28, Christian Egli wrote:
I'd like to release version 2.5.4 of liblouis early next year, let's say
Friday 2014-1-17.

We are due a release on the 1st March, 2014, just before the spacing
param is removed.
//www.freelists.org/post/liblouis-liblouisxml/Eliminating-the-spacingparameter
Does this mean we will have two releases in quick succession?

I had totally forgotten about that. This is not backwards compatible isn't it?

I would prefer if we could delay until the 1st, there are some major
improvements for the Danish tables that Bue and I are keen to see
made available in a release, but it will most likely not be doable by 17th Jan.
1 March is more doable for us.

My real motivation to do a release was to be able to use the google code downloads one more time before they close. Now I realize that the cut of date is January 14th, i.e. we would have to do a release on that date (in 5 days).

thoughts?

I'm unsure. I think we have enough material to do a solid release. If I understand correctly the spacing parameter business is not backwards compatible, so that would warrant a bit more warning. Maybe this would imply another release in a couple of months?

If we wait then we will have to have a solution for the downloads. I think we agreed to put them on liblouis.org, but I personally don't have access there so I couldn't do an upload. I don't feel very comfortable about this as I cannot do a release if I can't upload it.

SBS Leser, die neue Hoerbuch-App fuer iPhone und iPad. Mehr Infos unter
http://online.sbs.ch