[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problems with liblouisxml

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:05:23 +0100

Hi
On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 11:34 +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:
> I could see some use to that, my main concern would be as xml2brl is a
> document processing tool getting the correct output might be harder than
> for liblouis. What I mean is that some of the layout may be able to
> differ and still be valid.
Hm, I'm not sure I follow that. Given an input file and a set of
configurations, shouldn't you always get the same output?

> I think it would need suggestions on how to
> use it, eg. should I do a translation with xml2brl and hand correct the
> output file to create the test output?
I would presume so. A good example is the mail you sent earlier in this
thread[1]: You specify an input file and you say that the output should
contain this-and-that (instead of what xml2brl delivered). If we had the
output as it was supposed to be then we could use this to automatically
test xml2brl.

[1] //www.freelists.org/post/liblouis-liblouisxml/Problems-with-liblouisxml
Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired