[liblouis-liblouisxml] Problems with liblouisxml

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:40:34 +0000

Hello,
I said in my previous message I was sure that there were some issues with liblouisxml I had noticed, well here they are:

* When I call lbx_translateString with the content of the attached file it will translate the first time but fails the second time. I have tried calling lbx_free and lbx_initialize between translations but regardless of the combinations of calls the second call to lbx_translateString fails. I am trying this from some python bindings I am writing in cython, I am fairly sure its not my code as when I call lbx_translateString twice but with the text to translate as plain text then there is no failure. Now when I say the second call to lbx_translateString fails I mean it actually causes a segmentation fault. I am using ukmaths.cfg. * This and the next one should be simpler. I notice with the attached file that when using ukmaths.cfg then I get some incorrect output after the first inline equation. In the original document it has a full stop but this doesn't appear correct in the Braille (I expect dot six followed by dots 256 but I get dot three followed by dots 34). This is using xml2brl. * Again using ukmaths.cfg and xml2brl to translate the attached file. After the second equation there is a <code> element but the style attribute is set to 'display: none;'. Liblouisxml still seems to output it, neither firefox or IE with mathplayer show this. I have to be honest and say I don't know why that <code> element is there for the equation on a new line but it is, I may ask the author of the tool which generated this HTML.

Michael Whapples