[liblouis-liblouisxml] Problem with emphasis translation when there is an embedded span

  • From: "John Brugge" <johnbrugge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 22:43:45 +0000

We are seeing an odd translation when text that is enclosed in an <em/> tag has
an embedded <span/>. We have a setting of "no span" and "italicx em" in our
semantic action file, and nothing else that seems out of the ordinary. What we
get is the span text running into the emphasis text that follows, without space
between them.

I've attached a ZIP file with a fragment of the text in an XML file, the script
to reproduce it, and the resulting BRF that we see.

We are running with liblouisutdml 2.4.0.

Any insights or clues appreciated.
Thanks,
John Brugge