[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problem with all caps in en-us-g2.ctb

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 15:09:20 -0500

The brf standard requires letters to be in uppercase and also some
special symbols such as \ . liblouis uses lowercase so that translations
will look nice on a Braille display. Embossers accept either uppercase
or lowercaase. If you want something that conforms to the strict brf
standard use a tablelist like en-us-brf.dis,en-us-g2.ctb Bookshare does
this, but I don't think it is appropriate for the Braille Plus 18.

liblouis would handle capitalized letters followed by uncapitalized ones
by inserting dots 6-3 The apostrrophe throws it off. A context rule
might work. Something like:

$U1-20"'"[]$l @6-3

Johnn