[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Problem building liblouistdml2.3.0

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 19:36:04 -0600

What is broken is pkgconfig. The PKGCONFIG_PATH has to be set correctly.
Apparently the commands I gave didn't do it. I don't know why Apple
doesn't provide pkgconfig. In the terminal, try typing the command

whereis lou_translate

This will show where this program is installed. It will give me a better
idea of how to set the path.

I agree that the configure, make make install stiff is overly
complicated. It would be nice to have somethign like Java's Ant.

John