[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Preparing a new Release

  • From: Eitan Isaacson <eitan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:53:00 +0200

The hard release date sounds excellent. We don't need to stop
development on SVN trunk so that we all roll the same tarball. We
could use tags. Tags in SVN are essentially branches, so all we do is
tag trunk at noon UTC like this:
svn cp https://liblouis.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
https://liblouis.googlecode.com/svn/tags/liblouis_1_5_5
And then we all use the latter URL to check out a fresh copy and do "make dist".

I hope somebody follows up with a better explanation, mine sucks.