[liblouis-liblouisxml] Preparing a new Release

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:37:14 +0100

Hi all

There have been some exiting developments lately in svn with the
addition of the table debugger and the python bindings. John has made a
new release and quietly posted it here. However what I'd like to see is
an announcement that reflects all the achievements. So what I suggest is
that we finish up a few loose ends and then create a release with an
announcement (for a draft see below). This should then go on the front
page of the Google code site. Before we release I think there should be
some minimal documentation (even just a README) as to how to use the
Python bindings.

Release Announcement:
The release 1.5.x marks a new era in liblouis development, as this is
the first release that is done from subversion. This release features a
table debugger which will help find problems in translation tables. It
has already worked for the French grade 2 table which is now included.
Also there are now bindings to use liblouis from Python and finally
there are a number of bug fixes.

A number of people have contributed, namely John Boyer (table debugger,
bug fixes), Eitan (Python bindings), Jamie (bug fixes), Christian
(documentation) and Michel Such (table for French grade 2).

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired