[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Pre-built Windows binaries

  • From: Paul Wood <paulw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 17:13:07 +0100

I've build in MSVC with the different x86, x64, unicode(16-bit) and unicode(32-bit) but how do I test that they work?
I tried using the tools e.g. lou_trace but it crashes on all 4 versions, so is it a case of trying it by using it to build liblouisutdml?
Thanks
Paul

On 08/09/2015 13:18, Arend Arends wrote:

Paulw.torchtrust signature
Hi Paul,
I meant the UCS=2 line in windows\configure.mk. This is used in Makefile.nmake to define WIDECHAR_TYPE=”unsigned short int” (2 bytes) and UNICODEBITS=”16”. The first define is used in include\liblouis.h to give “widechar” its value.
Finally, “widechar” is used in the export declarations to determine the size of the inbuf and outbuf parameters.
For instance:
int EXPORT_CALL lou_translateString
(const char *tableList,
const widechar *inbuf,
int *inlen,
widechar * outbuf,
int *outlen, formtype *typeform, char *spacing, int mode);
So it defines the number of bytes for the inbuf and outbuf arrays, which are either 16 bits or 32 bits Unicode (not UTF-x, which is a compression format).
Of course this could also be done directly in include\config.h as is the case there with #define PACKAGE_VERSION "liblouis-2.6.4".
Arend