[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Portuguese translation

  • From: John Gardner <john.gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 13:51:43 -0800

Hello Carlos, I guess I am a bit confused. I think it will be great to have your input to liblouis on Portuguese braille of all kinds. Liblouis was envisioned from the beginning as an international effort to provide braille in all languages eventually, and it is living up to that vision.

My concern is about your interest in localizing liblouis. Localization normally is done to provide end users with controls, dialogs, etc. in their own language. Liblouis is not something that is seen by an end user, so there really isn't anything to localize. Certainly it would be next to impossible to maintain localization for the software itself, because it evolves very rapidly in time. I hope that I just misunderstood your question and that what you were requesting was information about liblouis tables in Portuguese and/or other languages?

Thanks.

John Gardner

On 11/24/2009 12:22 PM, carlos ferreira wrote:
John,

Ok.
Thank you.
I am to await for the results of that enlarged discussion. However I am
going creating the Portuguese tables and making the possible tests.

Carlos

John Gardner       |  President |  ViewPlus
541.754.4002 x 220 |  www.viewplus.com

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This message and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited; please notify the sender and delete the message. ViewPlus Technologies, Inc. accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting
from this email.