[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Please don't misunderstand the importance of what John Boyer is saying

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 15:05:32 -0500

Susan,

Thanks for helping to clarify things. I am indeed thinking of a
Domain-Specific language (DSL). It has a simple form: a pattern,
including places where something should be replaced or inserted and an
action which specifies how the pattern should be changed. For a preview,
people can consider the present language used for context and multipass
rules. I'm looking at droping the term script altogether, since it
causes confusion.

On another subject, i think we should be talking about algorithms, not
what programming language to use. Algorithms are primary. The programing
language used is secondary.

John B