[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Please don't misunderstand the importance of what John Boyer is saying

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:24:34 +0100

I agree that regex could probably do all the text processing. However everytime it is raised comments are made as to it not handling typeform. Have you a suggestion for how it can deal with that?

I personally have questions over how typeform is handled and whether that way really is needed. Would it really be that problematic to embed tags such as XML in the translation string and still preserve indexing, I would have thought it is fully possible. May be I need a further explanation as to why embedding tags would cause problems, and examples might be useful.

Michael Whapples
On 26/10/2013 19:44, Ken Perry wrote:
This could all be handled by a regex opp code in the current liblouis though.

Ken