[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: New test framework for liblouisutdml Java bindings

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:07:59 +0200

On 07/15/2014 02:43 PM, Keith Creasy wrote:
The problem with the current test framework is that it is simple if all one
wishes to do is compare  text files. I also have not found it to be that easy
to use or setup. My first attempt never succeeded and it is difficult to know
why. There is little or no documentation.

I'm not saying that you need to stick to the current test suite. I know it is limited and doesn't test the java bindings. At the time it seemed better than no tests.

Please consider documentation so that one can reasonably use it without having
been the programmer who developed it. I'm not opposed to using it but we need
to validate XML output.

Bert originally wrote it and John explained it once on the mailing list. It doesn't seem very complicated or advanced. Maybe Bert could write a little README.

But if you want to test the java bindings this test suite won't help anyway.